Thursday, January 24, 2008

homesick











if you've ever lived abroad you know the feeling. it kicks in about 2 months after you arrive, after the initial excitment of being in a new country wears off. i don't mean to say i am depressed or anything, just that i have been thinking lately about family and friends and about how far away they are. more than anything, i miss jude and evan because i can't call them or email them and i worry that jude will forget who i am while i am gone. i had a dream the other night that i came back and went into their house and jude looked at me and said, "wowo! you're here!" it's what he used to always say whenever i went over to visit..and it always made me smile so big. (he calls me "lolo", but can't pronounce his l's too well) i wonder if when i get back he will know the alphabet, if he will be singing songs. hell, at the rate he's been going, he may have built a computer by now.
and little evan, who was just a squirmy little 6 weeks old when i left, will be 7 months old when i get home. she will be a new person entirely, with her own personality and smile. here are some family pics. if you aren't in there, it does NOT mean i don't love you, it just means i don't have any pictures of you in my iphoto...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Lauren, I am so proud of you! I love reading about all of your adventures, it always makes me smile. Don't worry too much...I have found that as much as things change, they always stay the same. Please know that you are thought of every day... I MUST come for a visit!