Saturday, December 22, 2007

las clases de espanol

Hola! It is saturday morning and I got to sleep in after my first week of intensive spanish classes. My class goes Monday-Friday for four hours a day. This, plus lots of homework, has already helped to improve my spanish. It's amazing how much information can be crammed into a brain in one week!
The only problem is, now I can't speak French. Anne-e speaks French too, so we speak together all the time (especially when we want to talk about weird people on the subway). But now my French is coming out as some crazy amalgam of the two languages. Just great.
I have also been finding my niche in the tango scene. At first, I was disconcerted by the enormousness of it. I didn't know where to go and found myself in a giant tango hall, among 100 other people trying to learn the tango. Finally I have found an actual tango school downtown that i like, so I will probably be going there from now on.
We went last night to see Mercedes Sosa. If you have not heard her music, you must get it. She is an older lady now, but her voice is still just as powerful, and was even more so in concert. It was fantastic.
My spanish school is closed for two weeks for the holidays (it soo does not feel like Christmas here at 90 degrees!) so Anne-e and I might try to get a bus ticket to Mendoza, the wine country.
Happy Holidays and love and hugs to everyone!

3 comments:

The Minottis said...

Lauren, update your blog page. I want to here more.
B

The Minottis said...

I mean "hear" more. oops

KatetotheK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.